International students from around the world have discovered the benefits of a Wentworth College education.
An accredited two-year college with a 135-year history, Wentworth is small, supportive, and academically rigorous. We provide all of our students, especially international students, with strong personal guidance and mentoring. In addition, Wentworth places heavy emphasis on personal character and integrity, promoting a culture of respect for every individual.
International students thrive at Wentworth College because of our:
- Diverse population. Wentworth welcomes international students from all parts of the world, including Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
- First-rate academics. We are an accredited college that meets the same high academic standards as four-year colleges and universities.
- Strong faculty relationships. Wentworth College averages just 13 students per class, so every student gets lots of direct attention.
- Pathway to a bachelor’s degree. Our unique International Pathway program offers intensive preparation for a bachelor’s degree, with special opportunities to transfer to America’s best four-year colleges and universities.
- International Student department. Our specialized International Student advisers offer many types of assistance in and out of the classroom. You can get help with academics, transportation, family communication, cultural and religious practices, visas, and many other issues.
- Safe, stable environment. American and international students live in closely supervised military-style barracks and follow strong codes of appearance and behavior.
- English language instruction. International students can take English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
International Student Application Procedures
Wentworth Military College does not require international students to take an English proficiency test or TOEFL. All students will be admitted, regardless of English ability level. After admission you will take an English placement test, so we can provide you with appropriate English instruction.
To apply for admission to Wentworth Military College:
- Fill out our online application form. The application fee for international students is $300. [links to online application]
- If you are already living or studying in the United States, fill out the International Student Clearance form.
- Submit a Statement of Financial Resources form.
- Submit your school transcripts.
- Submit an International Student Supplemental Application.
- Provide a copy of the identification page from your current passport.
- Engage in a Skype interview (in English) with Wentworth College admissions personnel, to demonstrate your English ability level.
- (optional) Provide results from English proficiency tests if you have taken them.
After being admitted to Wentworth Military College, international students will need to provide the following documents to U.S. immigration officials:
- Student Visa (F1). Contact the closest U.S. embassy and schedule an appointment. The embassy or consulate will issue your visa.
- Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F1 Student Status).
- Valid passport.
When you enter the United States, immigration officials will stamp your I-20 and return it to you. They will also provide you with an I-94, a small white card that documents your legal entry. The I-94 should have F1 and D/S (Duration of Status) written on it.
When you arrive at Wentworth Military College, contact the Director of International Admissions to have your immigration documents reviewed.