International high school students receive outstanding academic preparation for college at Wentworth Military Academy. Our recent high school graduates have achieved a 100 percent acceptance rate to American colleges.
As an international student, you will find a safe, culturally sensitive environment at Wentworth. We emphasize academic discipline and social respect, so international students can excel in their studies while they adjust to life in America.
High school students from China, the Middle East, Europe, and other parts of the world choose Wentworth Military Academy for our:
- High academic standards
- Culture of discipline and respect.
- Strict codes of conduct.
- Advanced Placement courses and college-level courses (for full college credit).
- English-language support for new English speakers.
- Wide range of athletic programs, with more than a dozen sports teams.
- Constant adult supervision to protect student safety.
At Wentworth you will belong to a small, supportive community with a 135-year tradition of academic excellence. We provide all of our students, especially international students, with strong personal guidance and mentoring. In addition, Wentworth places heavy emphasis on personal character and integrity, promoting a culture of respect for every individual.
International Student Application Procedures
Wentworth Military Academy does not require international students to take an English proficiency test or TOEFL. All students will be admitted, regardless of English ability level. After admission you will take an English placement test, so we can provide you with appropriate English instruction.
To apply for admission to Wentworth Military Academy:
- Fill out our online application form. The application fee for international students is $300. [links to online application]
- Submit letters of recommendation from a) your high school principal or counselor, b) math teather, and c) English teacher.
- If you are already living or studying in the United States, fill out the International Student Clearance form.
- Submit a Statement of Financial Resources form.
- Submit your school transcripts.
- Submit an International Student Supplemental Application.
- Provide a copy of the identification page from your current passport.
- (optional) Provide results from English proficiency tests if you have taken them.
After being admitted to Wentworth Military College, international students will need to provide the following docments to U.S. immigration officials:
- Student Visa (F1). Contact the closest U.S. embassy and schedule an appointment. The embassy or consulate will issue your visa.
- Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F1 Student Status).
- Valid passport.
When you enter the United States, immigration officials will stamp your I-20 and return it to you. They will also provide you with an I-94, a small white card that documents your legal entry. The I-94 should have F1 and D/S (Duration of Status) written on it.
When you arrive at Wentworth Military College, contact the Director of International Admissions to have your immigration documents reviewed.