Email Applications Only
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications accepted via email. No phone calls please. To apply, please email your (1) resume, (2) cover letter (including where you saw this posting), (3) salary requirements to email@example.com. A background check and drug test are required for employment. EOE Employer/AAE/Vet/Disabled.
Wentworth Military Academy and College is immediately seeking applications for the position of full-time, TAC Officer. TAC Officers are responsible for the safety, well-being, discipline, and personal development of individual boarding students comprising Wentworth’s Corps of Cadets. TAC Officers supervise both male and female cadets, ensuring all comply with and develop under the Cadet Rules and Regulations and Wentworth’s Honor Code. This position requires execution of Wentworth’s mission through positive role-modeling and constructive interaction with all students. TACs are also responsible for non-classroom instruction of cadets in the areas of study skills, leadership, physical well-being, moral character, and self-discipline.
Overview of Responsibilities:
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Supervise proper conduct of the Corps of Cadets at on- and off-campus events
- Become familiar with and execute Emergency Management Plans
- Conduct Risk Assessments as necessary for various Cadet activities and make recommendations
- Oversee and report the general maintenance and repair of assigned living areas
- 24/7 presence when required to supervise special events and emergencies
HEALTH & WELFARE
- Maintain 100% accountability of all assigned Cadets
- Promote healthy life choices, proper personal hygiene, and responsible decision making.
- Conduct daily room inspections
- Coordinate with Infirmary on Cadet health issues and treatment plans
- Ensure prompt response to parents’ questions, inquiries and concerns
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
- Set a professional example in conduct, appearance, physical condition, bearing, and loyalty both on- and off-duty.
- Provide instruction to cadets regarding Rules, Regulations, Policies, Standard Operating Procedures regarding expected standards of behavior and conduct.
- Ensure Cadets maintain proper military bearing and appearance.
- Teach leadership, character, values, safety and rules/regulations/policy classes as directed.
- Foster a positive, supportive environment–enabling each Cadet’s growth, promoting teamwork, and discouraging profane or abusive language and attitudes.
- Mentor cadets in the development and execution of individual leadership, time management, ethics, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Assess and track Cadet performance and potential in academics, leadership, physical well-being, moral character, and self-discipline; advise them on the development and employment of associated skills and abilities in those areas.
- Provide advice and encouragement to those experiencing difficulty in the adjustment to a military environment.
- Implement appropriate disciplinary action to maintain the good order and efficiency of the Corps of Cadets in accordance with academy policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date Cadet files and Cadet Record Briefs on all Cadets.
- Ensure company maintains duty rosters and performs assigned duties as required
- Ensure fairness and accuracy in award recommendations, promotions, adverse actions and leadership positions.
- Prepare individual Cadet Assessment Forms to evaluate their progress/performance.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education coursework and relevant military experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in supervisory positions.
- Working knowledge of management and leadership theory and principles.
- Prior successful work experience with adolescents and young adults in a direct supervisory capacity and/or program manager of programs associated with youth education, recreation, athletics or development.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; critical thinking; problem solving, organizational management, conflict resolution and sound judgment.
- Creativity, flexibility, and community-building.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment, e.g. multi-line telephone, photocopier, personal computer.
- Be in good physical condition: able to walk extended distances, climb stairs, participate in selected Corps actives requiring physical conditioning, and deal with prolonged stress.
- Job may require considerable repetitive hand and wrist movement, bending, stooping, stretching, reaching and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Possess or be able to obtain Missouri driver’s license and a commercial driver’s license with school bus endorsement. Maintain driving/licensing proficiency on selected school owned vehicles.
- Ability to work varied schedules in all weather conditions on short notice.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend shifts.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in leadership, management, education, organizational studies, human development, psychology, sociology or counseling.
- Service in a uniformed military service with promotion to Senior Noncommissioned Officer (E-7) level or above.
- Bilingual capability.
Wentworth Military Academy and College is seeking applications for a part-time Weight Room Aide. This position reports to the Weight Room Manager.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous service to customers.
- To keep equipment clean and stored properly
- Train customers on the proper use of equipment
- Review inventory and submit needed items to Weight Room Manager.
- Assure customers are trained in the correct use of equipment
- Keep work area clean.
- To contact Weight Room manager if any problems arise.
- Be certified in CPR and other emergency skills
- To follow posted schedule and to be on time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- CPR Certification – Current
- Be knowledgeable of weight training/body building
- Ability to react calmly and efficient in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow posted work schedule and to arrive on time.
- Be a student in good standing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Prior work experience in a gym/athletic training/Weight room
Please apply by February 22, 2016. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications accepted via email only. No phone calls please. Detailed information is available at www.wma.edu. To apply, please send (1) your resume, (2) cover letter (including where you saw this posting), and (3) copy of certification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A background check and drug test are required for employment. EOE Employer/AAE/Vet/Disabled