Our Associate of Arts degree program covers the same basic coursework as the first two years of a four-year degree. This associate’s degree provides 64 college credits that you can transfer almost anywhere. Our Associate of Arts graduates have gone on to four-year institutions throughout the country
By starting your college journey with an associate’s degree from Wentworth, you can save money, strengthen your academic record, and get superior preparation for continued study. The Associate of Arts offers excellent preparation for bachelor’s degree programs in subjects such as:
- Political Science
Associate of Arts Degree Benefits
You can reap many benefits by earning an associate’s degree at Wentworth, then transferring to a four-year school to finish your bachelor’s degree. The advantages include:
- Cost savings. You’ll pay less than half as much for our associate’s degree as you would for the equivalent coursework at a four-year school. The savings can amount to thousands of dollars.
- Personal growth. You’ll get strong guidance in our structured environment, enabling you to make a smooth adjustment to college-level work. During your two years at Wentworth you’ll mature as a person and as a student.
- Strong academics. As an accredited college, Wentworth meets the highest academic standards. In addition, our associate degree courses average just 13 students per class. Our faculty will work with you closely and help you bring out the best in yourself.
- Marketable skills. According to Job Outlook 2015, a national survey of U.S. employers, the ideal job candidate possesses strong writing, problem solving, communication, and teamwork skills. You’ll improve all of these skills with an Associate of Arts degree.
- Freedom to explore. This versatile associate’s degree lays the foundation for many different majors in a bachelor’s degree. If you’re not sure which major you want to pursue, an Associate of Arts degree lets you explore a wide range of options.
Associate of Arts Degree Opportunities
The Associate of Arts provides excellent preparation for continued study in a bachelor’s program. Graduates of our associate degree programs routinely transfer to top-notch four-year institutions such as:
University of Kentucky
University of Michigan
If you’re seeking immediate employment after graduation, the Associate of Arts degree increases your earning potential, enabling you to compete for better jobs at higher pay. This associate’s degree will enable you to pursue entry-level career opportunities in almost any industry, with the chance to advance into supervisory positions.
The Associate of Arts degree includes general education courses in:
- English composition and literature
- Humanities / fine arts
- Public speaking
- Computer science